- The Supreme Council of Universities in 28-2-2015 approved the establishment of a special unit in all universities under the name of Scientific Laboratories and Equipment Unit. The new unit is headed by one of faculty members and is linked to the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment. It is reporting to the university vice-president for Graduate Studies and Research in each university.
- The Laboratories and Scientific Equipment Unit of Alexandria University was established in November 2016.
- The unit is following the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment, which in turn is reporting to the Electronic Services Center in the Supreme Council of Universities.
- The Unit is considered as a consultancy firm that provides technical and administrative advice to university colleges and institutes in regards to laboratories and scientific equipment.
Identifying scientific equipment in Alexandria University laboratories and make them available to researchers for the scientific research development.
Contribute as a unit affiliating the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment in the establishment of laboratories and scientific equipment database, and updating it periodically. The unit also provides researchers with data to rationalize the operation and maintenance of scientific equipment.
- Functions of the Scientific Laboratories and Equipment in Alexandria University:
- Registration of existing laboratories and its contents of scientific equipment in a database.
- Updating the scientific equipment database periodically.
- Providing National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment with all the data about the operating equipment in the university.
- Help researchers in Alexandria University with the location and condition of equipment n university laboratories.
- Develop a clear mechanism to make equipment available for researchers in the university.
- Supervision on maintenance activities for scientific equipment.
- Rationalizing equipment procurement and preventing duplication especially for costly devices.
- Contribution to the training on available devices and equipment in of Alexandria University laboratories.
- Scientific marketing of equipment for community service.
- Services performed by the unit:
- Implementing many workshops on laboratories safety and accreditation and training on latest techniques in laboratories.
- Conducting several specialized lectures on scientific laboratories and equipment.
For more information, please contact:
Prof. Taha Ibrahim Zaghloul, the Unit Director
- The Institute of Graduate Studies and Research, 163 Horria rd. El Shatby - Alexandria
- Telephone 0106-4255-327
You can also visit the web site of the National Bank for Scientific Laboratories and Equipment via www.nrl.eg