The Community Service and Environmental Development Council headed by Dr. Ashraf El-Ghandour, Vice President of Alexandria University, reviewed during its periodic meeting the reports submitted by several faculties as follows:
• The report submitted by Dr. Walid Abdel-Azim, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, on the university's efforts to confront the issue of climate change, as the report indicated that the university held several workshops and conferences within its faculties to study and apply all the findings of practical studies in this regard. He also highlighted the main projects in which the University of Alexandria participated as part of its role in community service, such as the Toshka project, the purification of freshwater canals, the Decent Life Initiative (Haya Karima), the Mahmoudia Road project, Bahsayer El Kheir housing Project, integrated medical community convoys, wastewater treatment, and the rain management strategy project, through the Engineering Centre at the Faculty of Engineering. He explained the achievements of these projects in terms of urban development, service to society and the environment, and energy improvement. He also reviewed the most important research projects in which the university participated, their outputs, patents, and applied research.
• The report submitted by Dr. Mohab Abdel Razek, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education for Men, on the exhibition of traditional and handicraft products, which was organized by the faculty for the second year in a row, in cooperation with the Ministry of Social Solidarity, with the participation of 200 exhibitors from working families.
• The report submitted by the Faculty of Agriculture on holding the Summer Science Club for school and university students, and the symposium organized by the Egyptian Society of Poultry Science entitled "The Impact of Climate Change on the Poultry Industry".
• The Council was informed of the participation of the Faculty of Dentistry in several community medical convoys in the villages of Abis, Kafr El Dawar, Old El Alamein, Shabab El Alamein, King Mariout, Baghoush Camp in Matrouh, Borg El Arab among others.
• The Council also received thanks extended by the General Authority for Adult Education for Alexandria University's contribution to teaching reading and writing to 2037 illiterate citizens, during the July 2022 session. The Vice President of the University called for intensifying efforts in this regard in order to achieve the goals of sustainable development, Egypt's Vision 2030.
• The Council approved a memorandum of understanding between the Department of Geology, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, and the Department of Earth Sciences, Faculty of Science, Benghazi University.
• The Council approved the cooperation protocol between the Higher Institute of Public Health and the Healthy Hearts Association.
• The Council approved the final technical report of the research project submitted by Dr. Mohamed Belal, Dean of the Faculty of Physical Education for Men, entitled "Entrepreneurship Club, Alexandria University" to spread the culture of entrepreneurship among university students and graduates and develop their innovative thinking.
• The Council approved the research project submitted by Dr. Yousra Ahmed Sultan, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Agriculture, entitled "The ability of biochar made from rice and bagasse to digest nutrients and greenhouse gas emissions from the dung of milking animals."