Dr. Essam Ahmed Mahmoud Kurdi, president of Alexandria University, and professor of structural analysis, Department of Structural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, he got a Bachelor of Civil Engineering from the University of Alexandria in 1981, and was appointed a lecturer in the same year, then he got a master of Science in Structural Engineering from the University of Alexandria in 1985, and PhD in civil engineering from Northeastern University of America in 1992.
And he had a prominent role in enriching the educational and cultural process and represent Egypt in a number of international forums, where he was appointed an culturally adviser and director of cultural and educational relations in the United States, Canada, and served as Secretary General of the Fund for the Development of Education under the chairmanship of the Council of Ministers.
• Vice President of Alexandria University for Community Service and Environmental Development, as of November 2015.
• Cultural Counselor and Director of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Relations - Canada from May 2014 to October 2015.
• Cultural Counselor and Director of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Relations - United States from July 2014 to September 2014.
• Secretary General of the Fund for the Development of Education - Presidency of the Council of Ministers (2009 -2012).
• Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University (2008 - 2009).
• Professor of structural analysis, Faculty of Engineering from 2004.