First: Types of paper:
(A) Size: Paper Size A4 with dimensions 297 × 210 mm
(B) Thickness: Weight 80 grams
(C) Color: White
(D) Binding of the project: White, Plastic spiral binding and outer shell to be transparent and tinted rear.
(E) Binding of thesis: black color for a master's degree and brown for a PhD degree.
Second: Writing method:
(1) Writing: using PC
(2) Printing: using laser printers
(3) Pages : On one side only of each sheet in the case of projects, and in thesis before arbitration and on the both sides of in the final versions of the thesis.
(4) Font type and titles:
- Thesis is written with Font Size 12 and font type "Times New Roman"
- Chapters titles are written in the middle of the page using Font Size 18 (uppercase)
- Headlines to be with Font Size 16 Bold
- Under headlines to be with Font Size 14 Bold
- Side titles to be with Font Size 12 Bold
- Tables title to be with Font Size 12 Bold at top of the table, while figures title to be with Font Size 12 Bold at bottom of the form.
(5) Lines : writing to be with two spaces between the lines in projects and thesis before arbitration, and with one space in the final copy of the thesis.
(6) The margins: 2 cm right of the page and 3 cm from the left and vice versa in the thesis in Arabic (Taking into account the binding).
In Arabic: The top left corner.
In English: The top-right corner in the case of writing on one side and in the case of writing on the two sides, paging to be in the middle of page bottom.
A - Figure number should be mentioned and referred to in the body of the thesis / diploma project by placing a serial number for each figure in brackets ( Figure 1, 2, 3, ...) and so on.
B - Figures include graphs and photographs.
C - Figure is placed in the nearest location to write pages where the figure was mentioned (or the next page)
D - Number is written under the figure preceded by the word "Figure" and followed by two points Figure 1: then figure title.
E- Figures pages are numbered in sequence with the rest of the pages of the research project.
A- Table must be stated and explained in the body of the research project.
B - Table is placed in the nearest place after been mentioned in the writing body (or in the next page)
C – The table title is written above it and title is preceded with word "Table" followed by its number Table 1.
D - Table numbers are sequenced depending on its coming (1, 2, 3, 4 ...)
E - Table pages are numbered in sequence with the rest of the project pages.
Third: Project or thesis content:
Research project or thesis submitted by the student includes the following components:
· Page title (according to the attached form).
· Thanks Page (thanks is recorded to the committee supervise on the project in addition to those who provide scientific or financial support).
· List of abbreviation.
· Declaration from the student (according to attached form).
· Page of Contents (Index).
· List of Tables, Figures and Diagrams.
Summary and Abstract:
The project / research thesis includes Abstract In Arabic and English language (200 words) and a Summary in English (1000 words) placed before the references and a Summary in Arabic (1000 words) placed at the end of the project / thesis
Fourth: Tabulation of project / thesis for Theoretical Studies:
Each faculty specifies tabulating system for its thesis and takes consideration procedures to be generalized on the academic departments after notifying of Graduate Studies Management at the university. Compliance with the system is the responsibility of the main supervisor on the thesis and the concerned department board.
Tabulating of project / thesis for studies:
Chapter I: Introduction
It includes research problem, justification and discussion procedures. The chapter ends with project objective (and is written in a clear and specified manner and under separated title). This is for practical faculties.
Chapter II: the theoretical framework and studies (Review of literature)
It includes the scientific background of the project or the thesis and a review of what was published about it, and importance illustration and reasons for choosing it so as that the number of pages of this chapter does not exceed 30% of the thesis.
Chapter III: Research topic and the used methods (Materials & Methods)
This section is limited to state experimental and theoretical methods (description of the system used) and includes explanation of scientific experiments and explaining the experimental method done by the researcher. If the researcher wants to discuss the other methods used, or compare the method used with other, so this should be placed in Introduction or Discussion chapters.
Chapter IV: Results (Results)
It includes description and statement of the most important results obtained, in the form of tables and graphs as well as an explanation for the results.
Chapter V: (Discussion)
It contains statement for results importance, applications and implications, and comparison between results and what previously obtained by other researchers in published researches, and the agreement or differences issues, if any, and researcher opinion about the reasons for it.
(Results and discussion can be placed in one chapter).
-Conclusions or extraction: It includes a summary of what has been reached of results (optional, depending on the nature of each faculty).
-Recommendations: It includes researcher's recommendation on how to apply and use the results if possible (optional, depending on the nature of each faculty).
Chapter VI: References:
A list of references is placed at the end of the project / thesis numbered as given in the body of the project / thesis, and at the mention of references in the context of the speech it's number is put in parentheses and to slightly higher (X(1)). A list of references is placed at the end of the research plan, diploma project and the thesis contains
(1) The author's name in a foreign language stated as family name followed by first letter or letters of his other names. If the reference has more than one author, all are mentioned with the same way and in accordance with the sequence contained in the original reference.
(2) Year of publication.
(3) Book title, and in articles, mention the title of the entire search and the name of the magazine.
(4) Volume number-Issue-the first and last page,
Fifth: General notes:
1. Each section or chapter starts from a new page.
2. At the beginning of each chapter, a separating colored paper is placed (green / bright blue / yellow) and a word of first or second chapter Introduction, Review of literature, (and so on) printed with bold.
(1) Graduate Studies Management in each faculty / institute to review rules for the preparation of theses and receive a copy of the thesis on CD to save it in faculty library.
4. Writing to be on the cover heels in gold color and to be moderate if the thesis was put in the longitudinal direction and to indicate the following on it:
Year of obtaining the degree - name of the author – faculty
There is no need to mention the master's or Ph.D. degree because it is clear from the color of the skin.