Application is now open scholarships in England till 8th of November
Prof. Dr. Seddik Abdul Salam, Alexandria University vice president for Higher Studies and Research, declared that the 2017/2018 scholarship program in England is open to study for one year in one of British universities for Master Degree in any discipline. The registration would be online with a deadline of 8th of November 2016.
For more information about application conditions and areas of study, please visit the following link: http://www.chevening.org/
British university announces for travelling opportunities for faculty members
Dr. Seddik Abdel Salam; Alexandria University Deputy for Graduate studies and Research announced for the grants provided by the European Union for education development through Erasmus+ Program to exchange students and faculty members in accordance to the agreed project between Alexandria University and Surrey.
He pointed out that there is available opportunity for one of faculty members to travel to Surrey University in UK for 5 days according to announced conditions noting that the deadline for application is 7th of May 2016.
Alexandria University gets a number of European university projects
Alexandria University got a number of European university projects for students and faculty members of the universities through the program:
Erasmus plus KA1
The deadline to apply is June 15, 2016, and for more details, please visits: Grants Office of Graduate Studies and Research at the University of Alexandria
CALL for ERASMUS STUDENT MOBILITY to University of Pisa
The University of Alexandria in the ERASMUS+ framework hereby publishes a call for international Student Mobility with the University of Pisa supported by the European Commission through the project 2015‐1‐ IT02‐KA107‐014705 (2015‐2017).
All students enrolled regularly in the partner Universities in all Subject Areas are eligible to present the Declaration of interest for the pre‐selection
- Student mobility for studies for PhD level (or as foreseen in the IIA with Pisa) at the University of Pisa (study period: 3 months)
Conditions to apply:
- Applicants must be active full‐time students on a PhD programme of the Alexandria University.
- The Hosting higher education institution is the University of Pisa (Italy).
- Studies/Activities carried out during the mobility at the University of Pisa must be integrated into the applicant’s program/studies at the home institution
- The University of Pisa will issue a transcript of records at the end of the study period.
- The study period at the University of Pisa must be fully recognised by the home University (Alexandria) in accordance with the terms laid down in the Learning Agreement.
- ERASMUS+ students do not have to pay tuition fees to the University of Pisa.
- There will be opportunity to apply for social aid and/or support for people having disabilities or special needs.
- Applicants are considered full‐time students of the sending institution also during the study period abroad.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of personal motivation, intercultural abilities, knowledge of English and/or Italian academic excellence.(Among students with the same level of academic excellence and language knowledge, the most disadvantaged student from a poor socio‐economic background or a student with special needs will be selected).
The mobile students will be awarded a grant for travel cost and for subsistence and expenses during the period of stay in Pisa:
The amount of the grant for travel is a unit cost related to the distance between the place of origin and Pisa Calculated with the EU Distance Calculator: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus‐plus/tools/distance_en.htm
How to apply:
The University of Pisa hereby invites students enrolled in the partner Alexandria University to present a “Declaration of Interest” in order to participate the selection for the Erasmus international credit mobility. The “Declaration of Interest”, presented using the form included in Annex 1 of this Call, should be given to their own Erasmus Coordinator (Prof. Mohamed Ismail Ibrahim, Vice President for Matruh Branch).
Doctoral programmes at the University of Pisa vary considerably with the scientific area. Some include organised activities, such as seminars, or inclusion in a research group; others are constituted by some common activities, but mostly consist of individual research. For this reason, since your doctoral candidates can be here for 6 months, we will identify a supervisor to guide your candidate while he/she is here, and we invite your candidate to consult the on‐line ECTS catalogue [https://www.unipi.it/index.php/university/itemlist/category/533] for information on the Masters’ (second cycle) courses which might be of interest. Your PhD mobility students will be allowed to take these if they wish.
Documents to be submitted with the Declaration of Interest:
- Transcript of records at the time of applying: this is an official list certified by the home Institution of all the courses that the student have completed, including information about the number of credits and the grades he/she received.
- Language certificate or a statement proving that the student’s English (or Italian) language knowledge reaches the intermediate level.
- CV in English
- Any other useful information
The deadline for presenting the Declaration of Interest at the home Institution is
The selected candidate for each mobility flow will complete his or her Application by preparing a formal Learning Agreement which includes descriptions of the activities to be carried out and of how these will be recognised by the sending Institution. The Learning Agreement will be furnished to the candidates by the Erasmus coordinator of the home university (Prof. Mohamed Ismail Ibrahim or Dr. Doaa Ghareeb, Faculty of Science), who will assist them in completing it, so that it can be sent to the University of Pisa by 5 April 2017.
The final approval by the University of Pisa will be announced by Mid April 2017.
Gerss Call 2016/2017
The GERSS program is announced once a year . The call for application is running as of 1st of November 2016 and the deadline will be on 15th of February 2017 .