- Alexandria University Council during its session on (26/7/2016) under chairmanship of Dr. Roshdy Zahran approved the date of 24 of September to be the start of the first semester of the academic year 2016/2017 in all faculties and to be ended on 5th of January 2017. The Council determined 9th of January 2017 to begin first semester exams for three weeks while the mid-year holiday will be from 28 January to 9 February and the second semester will begin on 11 February and end on 1 June 2017 with final exams starting from 3 June for four weeks
The Council stressed on implementing maintenance for buildings, facilities university cities and preparing the auditoriums, study halls, libraries and laboratories in order to finalize all preparations before the beginning of the academic year
In this context, Dr. Seddik Abdel Salam, Vice-President of Au for Graduate Studies and Research stated that the university allocated 2 million and 500 thousand EGP to support capacity-building project for this year (2016/2017) that include the development of the electronic microscope unit, rehabilitation for accreditation in the faculty of science, and the establishment of a laboratory for developed digital technologies in the field of dimensional configuration at Faculty of Arts and a laboratory for glass and ceramic materials at Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
- The council adopted a new Master degree in "Renewable energy Technologies” with credit hours system at Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
- The Rector praised the experiment of the Faculty of Science in the application of solar lighting project and he called to generalize this example in all faculties and institutes to same electricity.
- The Council agreed to transfer the supervision on the Nursing Institute to be by the Faculty of Nursing instead of the Faculty of Medicine.
- The Council adopted the agreement of intent between the Faculty of Pharmacy - Alexandria University and the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport.
- The Council also approved the promotion and appointment of 28 faculty members in the university and conferred 46 PhD and 101 Master degrees in various faculties and institutes of the university.